Re: Multiple Primary Keys

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "samsom, debra" <dsamsom(at)bristol(dot)ca>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiple Primary Keys
Date: 2002-04-18 16:06:59
Lists: pgsql-novice
Debra,

> It will be tough redesigning the database to use a surrogate key,
> cause it
> links to other tables using this key and I can't lose this
> relationship.

OK.  Just keep it in mind for the next database ;-)

> I ran the select query (looking for duplicate data) and the result
> returned
> 0 rows.  I have also run this copy using just a few records that I
> know are
> unique with the same result.
>
> Unfortunately these fields do contain spaces and funny characters,
> could
> this be the problem??

Yes, it could be.  Certain characters, such as \ and <tab> can cause
COPY to misbehave.  Can you post your full tabledef, plus a few lines
of the COPY file?

-Josh Berkus

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2002-04-18 16:08:36