EMPTYING A DATABASE

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EMPTYING A DATABASE
Date: 2010-04-29 16:09:03
Lists: pgsql-novice
I am developing a project in which, of course, information is fed to the DB
for testing purposes and sometimes I need to get the DB clean, without any
record.
What would be the best practice to delete all of the records and start
testing with a blank DB?
Should I issue a DELETE command for every table? If this is the case then I
need to take care of referential integrity dependency because I cannot
delete parent records before child records.

With respect,
Jorge Maldonado

pgsql-novice by date