Triggers

From: <anindya(dot)bhattacharyya(at)cmcltd(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Triggers
Date: 2007-04-09 09:25:26
Lists: pgsql-jobs
I have postgres sql  7.4
I have a table employee having two fields employee_number varchar(10) ,
salary(10,2);[primary key employee_number)

I want to track any change   due  update on any row on this table on this
table.

For this purpose  I have created a table call emplyee_audit having the
same structure as employee but no primary key

For this purpose I have tried to use trigger with before update option.
But as could find that Post gres does not support the :old or :new clause.
So I have not able track changes in emplyee_audit.

Kindly suggest how to accomplish the above task

Regards

Anindya Bhattacharyya
Manager SI

DISCLAIMER

“The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you"

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Greer HitchDate: 2007-04-10 22:46:52