Re: [GENERAL] High Availability - Performace Scalability -

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi(at)nomad(dot)mishnet>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] High Availability - Performace Scalability -
Date: 2004-09-30 15:36:23
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On 2004-08-18, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> wrote:
> Jerome,
>
> I'm curious what you expect out of clustering. High Availability, and
> Load Balancing seem possible, but Performance ? I would think there is a
> cost associated with clustering, that degrades performance.

Data in an RDBMS application should be localised enough that you
should be able to evenly split the workload over a number of cluster
nodes and not have them step on each other's toes too much. It's a difficult
problem but not insurmountable.

[deletia]

--
Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates |||