Re: Borland makefile for libpq...

From: Gerhard Häring <haering_postgresql(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Borland makefile for libpq...
Date: 2002-12-06 10:18:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Lester Godwin <godwin(at)pushcorp(dot)com> wrote:
> [Makefiles for building libpq with Borland C++]
> [...]
> Please educate me what the proper format/method should be to
> submit these files

I create a context diff using

diff -r -C 3 /path/to/old/tree . > ../mypatch.dif

in the root directory of your changed PostgreSQL tree.
/path/to/old/tree is the path to (surprise!) the original
unchanged source tree.

You'll need a diff utility for Windows to create the patch file.
Cygwin contains one, so does the win32 gvim. Googling for
diff.exe should be another alternative.

Send this to pgsql-patches@, with a short description.

> -- or if there is any interest in using them at all.

Probably (not by me, though ;-). Btw. I did quite the same about
a year ago for mingw32. The discussion should be in the
pgsql-patches archives approx here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2001-09/msg00010.php

The result was that this was rejected and I'm since then maintaining my patch
externally, because I regularly use it to build pyPgSQL binaries for Windows.

Btw. it's available here: http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/misc/postgresql.html

-- Gerhard