Re: Staroffice compatability

From: Rene Pijlman <rene(at)lab(dot)applinet(dot)nl>
To: <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Staroffice compatability
Date: 2001-10-30 17:45:46
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:26:01 -0500, you wrote:
>Are there any other tools out there that people are using that I can
>check for compatability with?

Yes, Justin posted this two months ago. It's about a design tool
called DbVisualizer.

:To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
:Subject: [JDBC] Need help with JDBC driver. Problem, -
getExportedKeys =
: Driver.notImplemented() exception
:From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
:Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 21:26:52 +1000
:Cc: Roger Bjärevall <roger(at)ideit(dot)com>
:
:Hi all,
:
:Does anyone know if we're planning on adding the Java
:class/function/method/whatever called getExportedKeys? (I'm
not a Java
:programmer).
:
:I've been looking at the free Java product called DbVisualizer
:(http://www.ideit.com/innovations/dbvis/), which can connect to
:database and create an ER diagram from it, including RI
information and
:everything. Presently it supports several databases happily,
but the
:PostgreSQL JDBC 7.1.3 driver isn't passing information to it
regarding
:the RI relationships. So for PostgreSQL it gives a nice
display of all
:the tables, but no display of their relationships.
:
:Here's a screenshot of what it's supposed to display, when all
the RI
:relationships are shown :
:
:http://www.ideit.com/innovations/dbvis/images/dbvis-4.gif
:
:In discussing this with Roger (the Product Manager of
Innovative-IT who
:has created this program), he says our JDBC driver gives a
:Driver.notImplemented() exception when trying to find out the
RI info.
:(Email history detailed below).
:
:Can anyone please assist with this?
:
:Regards and best wishes,
:
:Justin Clift

Regards,
René Pijlman <rene(at)lab(dot)applinet(dot)nl>