Re: features required for SQL 92 conformance

From: Troels Arvin <troels(at)arvin(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: features required for SQL 92 conformance
Date: 2004-02-26 21:58:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:32:05 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> I'm not sure we're missing anything for SQL 92.

I'm thinking: Updatable views. As far as I know, SQL-92 has updatable
views in the sense that views deriving from only one base table should be
updatable (as long as the view construction makes it possible for the DBMS
to deduct where to make changes in the base table). Sure, PostgreSQL has
rules, but that hardly qualifies as real support for updatable views.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark