Re: PG_MODULE_MAGIC checks and pg_migrator

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG_MODULE_MAGIC checks and pg_migrator
Date: 2010-01-16 11:25:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Another option would be to distribute both 8.4 and 8.5 shared objects,
> but that would require access to two source trees to perform the
> compile, which seems very error-prone.

That's what any extension author and/or packager is faced with. Using
debian, it's easy enough to have more than one postgresql-server-dev-8.X
package at the same time and then use VPATH builds.

I guess the scripts I'm preparing for easing the debian packaging of
extensions should be usable on other Unix systems too, after adapting
some of the paths.

  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-postgresql-public/2010-January/000546.html

Regards,
--