Re: Review: Extensions Patch

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Review: Extensions Patch
Date: 2010-12-08 22:45:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr> writes:
> Well it does not seem to be complex to code. It's about having a new
> property in the control file, relocatable, boolean. This property is
> required and controls the behavior of the CREATE EXTENSION ... WITH
> SCHEMA command. When true we use the ALTER EXTENSION SET SCHEMA code
> path and when false, the placeholder replacement code path. The ALTER
> command has already been developed so I need to merge it into the main
> patch.

Ok I've done that on the git branch, for people interested into having a
look or playing with it before the week-end, when I think I'll post the
new patch revision. Well I've left alone the behavior change at CREATE
EXTENSION time, and also, well, the necessary documentation.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-extension.git;a=summary
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-extension.git;a=commitdiff;h=c31d8a7728706d539f50d764fe8f45db92869664

> The ALTER EXTENSION SET SCHEMA command needs to be adapted so that it
> checks that all the extension's objects are currently in the same schema
> and error out if that's not the case.

Done in the commit above. WIP of course, but just so that commit fest
manager notice things are moving here.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine