Re: postgresql.conf archive_command example

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql.conf archive_command example
Date: 2011-09-02 19:50:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I wasn't really proposing to get rid of it, but I do wonder if there
> are some configuration parameters we could add somewhere that would
> make common cases easier without making really complex things
> impossible.

I think the solution to that problem is to provide a default archive
command that just does the very simple thing, namely moving the WAL file
to some place given as parameter. Some “local” mount point.

>> Now, providing a more useful sample script is certainly reasonable.

Allow me to insist here, I don't think a sample is what we need to be
providing our users. I think they deserve a default production grade
implementation of a very simple archive command.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine