Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Date: 2011-02-04 17:02:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"David E. Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com> writes:
> Dim, I haven't followed that closely lately, but is the ALTER
> EXTENSION UPGRADE bit still a separate patch?

Yes it is. It's an incremental that apply on top of the extension patch
and get its own patch entry on the commit fest application:

As such it will need bitrot fixing as soon as the extension main patch
makes it in. Also I have some cleaning to do here, but given the
current open discussion about the design I'm still holding this work.
Well, it seems the discussion is slowing down to realize I only included
the bare minimum just so that we avoid having too long a discussion and
that the patch has its chances to 9.1 :)

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine