Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)toroid(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2010-01-16 10:48:50
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-www
Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com> writes:
> Anyway, I've made further changes and I would say that at this point the PoC
> is feature complete. There surely are still some rough edges and a few
> things to clean up, but I'd like to get your feedback once again:
>
> http://archives.beccati.org

I've been clicking around and like the speedy feeling and the Thread
index appearing under any mail. Also getting the attachments seems to be
just working™. I've also checked than this "local thread" works on month
boundaries, so that you're POC is in a way already better than the
current archives solution.

Only missing is the search, but we have tsearch and pg_trgm masters not
far away…

> You will find that pgsql-general and -hackers are subscribed and getting
> messages live, wihle -hackers-history and -www have been imported from the
> archives (about 200k and 1.5k messages respectively at 50 messages/s).

Tried clicking over there and very far in the past indexes show no
messages. Here's an example:

  http://archives.beccati.org/pgsql-hackers-history/1996-09/by/thread

> Also, I'd need some help with the CTE query that was picking a wrong plan
> and led me to forcibly disable merge joins inside the application when
> executing it. Plans are attached.

Sorry, not from me, still a CTE noob.
--
dim