Re: VB (Virus Builder) Virus Posted

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: Jim Jennis <jhjennis(at)shentel(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: VB (Virus Builder) Virus Posted
Date: 2000-04-21 02:22:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Jim Jennis, Technical Director, Commercial Systems wrote:

> Hello Fellow Postgres users,
>
> If any of you got the message posted by this idiot "Sean"
> <sean(at)fastinternet(dot)net(dot)au> to the list, the attached VB (otherwise known as
> Virus Builder) script is infected with the VBS.Freelink virus.

I knew it as Visual Bullsh.. so far, but that's another good
substitution for a UPS (Useless Peace of Sh..).

> If you are running Linux (of course) you may ignore it and politely tell
> Sean to put this VB script where the Sun doesn't shine.

Unfortunately, yes. I'd love to go back to the gdold Minix
days, when I polled mail'n'news (uncompressed single
articles) via UUCP, spooling them to bnews and ...

But I haven't succeded to view application/msshit attachments
under Minix yet (it's a well designed OS, so by default
rejecting to process this kinda content entirely). Means, I
wouldn't be able to read all the eMail that belongs to my
dayjob.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #