Re: [HACKERS] END/ABORT

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] END/ABORT
Date: 2000-01-31 08:41:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I'd like to yank the END/ABORT commands, since they're non-standard and
> > redundant (COMMIT/ROLLBACK). Anyone who could not bear to see them go?
> > (Of course END would stay as a reserved word.)
> >

> We have to keep them in there for compatibility with older code.

How long?

IIRC, CURRENT has been replaced by OLD after I've fixed the
rewriter. Both have been there between 6.4 and 6.5. With 6.5
CURRENT was gone.

Of course, removing END/ABORT will touch many applications
using transactions, but I would vote for it anyway, since
it's standard.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #