Re: [HACKERS] Update contributors page

From: "D'Arcy" "J(dot)M(dot)" Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Update contributors page
Date: 1999-02-21 22:28:14
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-hackers
Thus spake Bruce Momjian
> I have updated the code contributors page on the web site.  I have added
> Michael Meskes, Tom Lane, and Jan Wieck, and removed some of the
> previous entries.
>
> I wanted to pair down the web page list to just the people who regularly
> contribute major pieces of code.

I'm not sure what you consider "major" but I wonder why it needs to be
pared down at all.  After all, to be honest, who really looks at that
page but the contributors and their family?  To me that page is more
of an ego boost than anything else.  Isn't that part of the reason we
contribute anyway?

I say we leave in everyone who has added a comma to the project.  It
doesn't cost anything and it's nice to acknowledge everyone's help,
no matter how small their contribution.

I see I'm still in the list (first thanks to alphabeticity :-) so
obviously I am not arguing for my own benefit here.  I just happen
to think that lots of little things can contribute to a big project
like this and we should encourage any contributions we can.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net>   |  Democracy is three wolves