Re: [HACKERS] PL/pgSQL in template1?

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com (David Hartwig)
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PL/pgSQL in template1?
Date: 1998-09-29 17:19:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Jan,
>
> I have been hacking around trying to get a clean build without much luck.  I
> have adjusted the compile options and fixed one casting problem to get all C
> code compiled.  I also extracted all the external symbols successfully.
> (AIX requirement)    However, I get the following message at link time:
>
>     ld: 0711-362 ERROR: Glink code cannot be added for function: _ptrgl
>         This function is used by compilers and must be called directly.
>
> Shared libraries are a bit more tricky on AIX, but I thought I had the
> routine pretty well figured out.    I am at a complete loss here.
>
> Andreas, could you give it a try?

    That's  really interesting. The only difference (of interest)
    I can see between my Makefile and that of contrib/spi  (where
    refint  and  autoinc  are located which afaik are used in the
    regression test) is that I missed to  add  CFLAGS_SL  to  the
    CFLAGS. Seems that one only contains -fpic.

    Could you try to use

    CFLAGS+= $(CFLAGS_SL) -I$(LIBPQDIR) -I$(SRCDIR)/include

    in line 22 of my Makefile?

Jan