Re: Queries very slow and memory consumption too high

From: Saurabh Dave <saurabhdave(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Queries very slow and memory consumption too high
Date: 2009-06-23 01:48:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Thanks Albe,

"You'll have to analyze *what* is slow."

That is an excellent question, which I am struggling to answer.
As per your recommendation I moved DB Server on a remote machine and made
following changes:
1. Postgres version instead of 8.2
2. DB encoding changed from UTF-8 to SQL_ANSCII

Now I see the performance of my application to be quite fast, I need to
observe it for some more time though.

But over the top, do you think that changing the encoding would make