Re: Opteron vs. Xeon "benchmark"

From: "Guido Neitzer" <guido(dot)neitzer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc" <mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc>
Cc: "Arjen van der Meijden" <acmmailing(at)tweakers(dot)net>, "Vivek Khera" <vivek(at)khera(dot)org>, "Pgsql-Performance ((((E-mail))))" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Opteron vs. Xeon "benchmark"
Date: 2006-09-23 13:00:31
Lists: pgsql-performance
I find the benchmark much more interesting in comparing PostgreSQL to
MySQL than Intel to AMD. It might be as biased as other "benchmarks"
but it shows clearly something that a lot of PostgreSQL user always
thought: MySQL gives up on concurrency ... it just doesn't scale well.

cug

--
PostgreSQL Bootcamp, Big Nerd Ranch Europe, Nov 2006
http://www.bignerdranch.com/news/2006-08-21.shtml