Re: Reg:Database and Table information

From: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sandhya <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: postgre <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reg:Database and Table information
Date: 2005-09-15 20:45:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Sandhya,
Well, actually the man pages explain very well how to gather this kind of
information.
I strongly suggest you to reach http://www.postgresql.org where you will
find these details in a very comprehensive way.
Basically, you will find that there are views that will give you the
information that you need. Most of them start with the pg_* prefix. But as I
told you, I highly encourage you to get rid of that documentation. You will
find it extremely usefull.
If you do not understand those papers, contact me and I will kindly try to
sort out your doubts.
Best wishes,
Guido.

--
"Adopting the position that you are smarter than an automatic
optimization algorithm is generally a good way to achieve less