Does/Can PG store administrative statistics?

From: reina(at)nsi(dot)edu (Tony Reina)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Does/Can PG store administrative statistics?
Date: 2001-07-23 22:37:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I'd like to have statistics on when my database was last backed up or
vacuumed. Currently, I'm implementing this by using simple shell
scripts that write a date stamp to ascii files. I was wondering
whether this is or could be a feature added to Postgres?

For example, could one of the pg_* tables contain the fields
'last_vacuum' or 'last_backup' (which would be updated every time the
vacuum or pg_dump command was executed).

Perhaps something like this exists that I'm unaware of?

-Tony