Re: Draft of design for the new PostgreSQL shirts

From: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft of design for the new PostgreSQL shirts
Date: 2007-03-23 20:35:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Susanne Ebrecht wrote:
[...]

> How did you subscribe to this mail list without knowing our URL?
> Of course is http://www.postgresql.org a valid URL. It's our main URL.

Well I could cite you the relevant RFC but I'd rather not because the
goal is advertisement and brand recognition.

> Non computer scientist, non administrators, non geeks and other people
> usually didn't know what a DBMS is. But lots of them know what's a
> database.

And lots of them use MySQL ("The world's most popular open source
database").

PostgreSQL is not a database - except for a very broad and wrong
definition of "database". Well if the community is comfortable to play
on the MySQL's level (nothing personal, Susanne) ...

--
Milen A. Radev