Dave Page schreef:
> The latest driver code from Inoue-san is almost certainly the best bet of
> all ...
That's true for me anyway ;-)
> As you mention you are running a BDE based app you
> absolutely need to run an ANSI build of the driver, so...
Just a thought: Mark, are you using the actual BDE engine itself
(TTable, TQuery and such), or are you using the ADO components
(TADOConnection in combination with e.g. a TADOQuery or TADODataSet)?
We have been working with the combo ADO components and ODBC Unicode
driver for quite some time here, and it has always worked. (We started
using this combination somewhere around postgres version 7.x-ish)
Only with the release of the 8.x version of postgres and the new driver
archticture attempt, we have had some problems conscerning the blob/lo
datatype, but with the latest version of the ODBC (08.02.x) those
problems seem to have been solved.
The point is that you can work with Delphi/ADO components *and* use the
Unicode driver. The only extra we did was SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO
'latin1' as extra parameter.
In response to
pgsql-odbc by date
|Next:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2006-08-31 09:56:12|
|Subject: v08.02.0100 uploaded|
|Previous:||From: noreply||Date: 2006-08-30 21:33:39|
|Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000720 ] SQLGetInfo SQL_DATABASE_NAME no info|