This is a 4 month contract in McLean VA. The wiork must be done on site.
Remote applicants cannot be considered.
1. Document Best Practice Standard Operating Procedures for following
How to Install, Create and Configure Postgres database using best practices
How to Setup Monitoring and Maintenance of database
Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning Methodologies and Steps
How to setup transaction based and Log based Replication for DR and Failover.
High Availability and Failover Configuration Setup
How set up for Security and SOX Compliance
Backup and Recovery procedures and scripts
2. Provide performance benchmarks on Postgres compared to Oracle for
various workload types.
3. Document Oracle to Postgres conversion best practices and steps,
including data migration methods and scripts.
4. Help with conversion of a few oracle database to postgres
5. Provide consultation on postgreSQL architecture for corporate wide move
from Oracle to PostgreSQL
6. Provide guidance for Postgres Support vendors and options available in
Bill Martin MS HRM
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Louis Pieterse||Date: 2011-06-02 09:15:42|
|Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Contract|
|Previous:||From: Guillot, BJ||Date: 2011-05-31 22:22:28|
|Subject: PostgreSQL/MySQL DBA in Oklahoma City or Houston|