Re: DB Cluster hanging

From: "codeWarrior" <gpatnude(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DB Cluster hanging
Date: 2005-10-13 15:48:36
Lists: pgsql-admin
Are you possibly running logrotate on the postgreSQL server logs ? Logrotate
is usually set to signal (SIGHUP) the log owner (in this case -- postgreSQL)
after rotating the log file...

You normally can't just delete the logfiles and expect postgreSQL to
continue wherever you left it... you normally need to pg_ctl reload or
pg_ctl restart after dinking with the log files...