Re: Crash with data corruption under Windows

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Nicola Mauri <nicola(dot)mauri(at)saga(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crash with data corruption under Windows
Date: 2009-02-23 17:07:11
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Nicola Mauri <nicola(dot)mauri(at)saga(dot)it> wrote:

> [...]

I've not, but I rarely run postgresql under windows.  When we do it's
on a laptop for personal use / demo use.  All our servers run Linux.
However, on this list, when I've seen this happen, it has been known
to result in data loss.

Note that once your database is corrupted, no amount of fixing can
make it safe to keep using.  you need to get a good reliable dump from
it, reinitdb and reload your data. So not trust a database that's
gotten corrupted and seems mostly fixed.  It's a timebomb.