Re: Crash with pg_clog file not found

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: matthieu(dot)roger(at)gene6(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crash with pg_clog file not found
Date: 2008-11-03 16:04:57
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Matthieu Roger <matthieu(dot)roger(at)gene6(dot)com> wrote:

> 8.3.3 was also producing the same error, prior version (8.3.1) did not
> seem to exhibit it, though we've opened a new universe in the web game
> which increased the number of accounts and players in september so
> maybe this triggers the problem.

I know you probably don't want to hear this right now, but PostgreSQL
can handle a much higher load under some flavor of unix than it can
under windows.  Luckily, it's pretty easy to set up a machine running
Centos5, Ubuntu 8.x or some other flavor of linux.  Due to basic
architectural differences, the difference isn't likely to change soon.