Re: database tuning

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: kelvan <kicmcewen(at)windowslive(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: database tuning
Date: 2007-12-11 22:29:59
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Dec 11, 2007 5:18 PM, kelvan <kicmcewen(at)windowslive(dot)com> wrote:
> you know what you lot have left my original question this server is a
> temporary piece of shit
> my original question is what are the overheads for postgres but obviously no
> one knows or no one knows where a webpage containing this information is -_-

So, have you looked in the docs?

I go here:
see this down the page a bit:
which takes me here:

And it seems to have that information in it.

Again.  You can look at the source, or find out experimentally by
building tables and checking their size.  Some of this is an inexact
science because different architechtures have different alignment