Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full
Date: 2010-01-21 23:07:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:
>> I have been working on simplifying the patch yesterday, I still need
>> to adapt comments and review it again but I am planning to post the
>> new version tonight. Then we have a common base again to discuss
>> further :-)
>
> Sounds good.

Attached is a new version of the patch. I haven't changed it with
regards to 2PC or the ASCII / bytea issues but now the transactional
behavior is less strict which allows to remove the
AsyncCommitOrderLock.

I will leave the commitfest status on "Waiting on author" but I will
be travelling for the weekend and wanted to share my current version.

Joachim