Re: Can we simplify win32 threading code

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can we simplify win32 threading code
Date: 2005-06-01 06:45:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I have simplified the code according to the discussion. Now there is no pipe
or signaling threads, process access shared memory directly to pass signals.
Seems everything works fine except pg_ctl. I now have two choices to fix it:

(1) Record Shared memory name (it is already there) and the offset of
signaling shared memory in postmaster.pid; So the pg_ctl program can access
the shared memory (since it has write down the signal number there) and
SetEvent target process;

(2) Postmaster will startup a thread monitoring messages, pg_ctl simulate
"kill" by sending postmaster a message <target_pid, signum>, then postmaster
will forward this "signum" to "target_pid";

What do you think?

Regards,
Qingqing