Tony Caduto wrote:
> Well, I got my 8.0 RC1 working the same as my 7.4.5 and it is for sure
> because of some difference in the SQL engine.
> On my 7.4.5 box I had the following in the postgresql.conf file:
> enable_seqscan = true (this is the default setting)
> 7.4.5 had no problems using the indexes with this setting = true
> on 8.0RC1 it refused to use certain indexes if enable_seqscan = true
> I set this value to false on 8.0 and my performance came back to the
> 7.4.5 levels.
> Is there some other setting in the conf file that would affect the
> The weird part is if I ran each query in the function by itself Explain
> would always report the index being used, but when run in the context of
> the function the indexes where not being used.
Is not solved because is a bad idea run the server with that parameter
In response to
pgsql-bugs by date
|Next:||From: PostgreSQL Bugs List||Date: 2004-12-21 15:17:32|
|Subject: BUG #1352: 100's of postgres.exe tasks created|
|Previous:||From: Joerg Schubert||Date: 2004-12-21 10:13:37|
|Subject: unsubscribe firstname.lastname@example.org|