log_min_messages and debug levels

From: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: log_min_messages and debug levels
Date: 2006-01-18 19:21:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

in my machine (win xp) i was trying to start psql (8.1.1) with
log_min_messages to debug5 (just to see the messages :) but even the
service start i cannot use psql nor pgadmin i receive an error of

postgres=# select version();
version

PostgreSQL 8.1.1 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC)
3.4.2 (mingw-special)
(1 fila)

Sorry, my postgres is in spanish but maybe you can recognize the message... ;)

C:\Archivos de programa\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>psql -U postgres pruebas
psql: el servidor ha cerrado la conexión inesperadamente,
probablemente porque terminó de manera anormal
antes o durante el procesamiento de la petición.

is this expected on windows platforms?

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova