Opportunity for some .EDU advocacy

From: "Michael Alan Brewer" <mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Opportunity for some .EDU advocacy
Date: 2008-06-17 15:21:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Good morning, y'all! If anyone is interested, I thought I'd send along
to -advocacy a Call for Presentations for the University System of
Georgia's Annual Computing Conference (a gathering of computing
professionals from all of the state's universities and colleges);
I've presented at this conference before, and it's a great opportunity
to advocate PostgreSQL in front of people who can make it happen
statewide.  (There are also opportunities for vendors: )  It's an academic
conference, so there is no stipend or travel funds involved;  however,
they do give free room and board (and no conference fees) to
presenters.  Rock Eagle
( - the conference
center itself is nearby to this historical monument) is a beautiful
place in the fall;  I'd love to see some of y'all there as presenters
and/or exhibitors. :)

---Michael Brewer