pgAgent stand alone

From: "M Lubratt" <mplubratt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAgent stand alone
Date: 2008-01-21 21:30:05
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hello!

I'm currently running PostgreSQL on a production server and a development
server.  Another function of the development server is to do daily backups
of the production server.  I'd really like to do this with pgAgent.
However, I can't seem to figure out how to compile/install only pgAgent.  I
don't have X windows on the development server (FreeBSD 6.3) and never plan
to.  I'm running pgAdmin from another machine entirely.

Is there a way to compile and install only pgAgent?  It seems to me that its
function is sufficiently separate from pgAdmin that a standalone
distribution would be warranted.

Any pointers/advice?

Thanks!
Mark

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Bruce FerrellDate: 2008-01-21 21:32:08