Next: Encoding Issue

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Next: Encoding Issue
Date: 2009-02-03 03:04:06
Lists: pdxpug
   I'm seeing this error when I try to create a database within TinyERP:

createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  encoding UTF8 does not match
server's locale en_US
DETAIL:  The server's LC_CTYPE setting requires encoding LATIN1.

   The application is designed for unicode (that's UTF8, isn't it?) and I
cannot pass the '-E' option to the createdb command within the application.
Please suggest approaches to resolve this conflict.

Thanks,

Rich

pdxpug by date

Next:From: Ewan, MichaelDate: 2009-02-03 04:52:28