Re: pg_dump --no-tablespaces patch

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump --no-tablespaces patch
Date: 2007-08-30 15:39:30
Lists: pgsql-patches
I wanted to push to see if I made a version of this patch against CVS
head if we could see it included in 8.3.

It's of clear value for people who use pg_dump and tablespaces.  HOT
and tsearch development still continues and implementations of each
feature are still being discussed/debated as of this morning.  It
seems to me that 8.3 code base is not static and we're not at the bug
cleanup phase of nearing release.

This patch is minor and makes admin, backup and recovery much easier
for people who use the tablespace feature and elect not to use
pg_dumpall.  I think waiting for 8.4 at this point is a bit silly,
given the scope of code and impact of the patch.

Gavin