Re: PostgreSQL is much faster than MySQL, only when...

From: Randolf Richardson <rr(at)8x(dot)ca>
To: "pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)pgsql-general"(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL is much faster than MySQL, only when...
Date: 2003-11-25 18:08:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

Cross-posted to "comp.databases.postgresql.advocacy" because
PostgreSQL could be very helpful to MySQL DBAs who wish to optimize their
databases -- just convert it to PostgreSQL on a test system and use EXPLAIN
and ANALYZE to identify the weaknesses.

Even if these MySQL DBAs don't use PostgreSQL for anything else, at
the very least it will increase awareness of the product. =)

--
Randolf Richardson - rr(at)8x(dot)ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Please do not eMail me directly when responding
to my postings in the newsgroups.