Open for suggestions - IOW: HELP!

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Open for suggestions - IOW: HELP!
Date: 1998-12-29 16:04:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I upgraded my OS from FreeBSD 2.2.7 to 2.2.8 and rebuilt and updated
postgreSQL to make sure there wouldn't be any library changes or anything
else like that to get me.  Well the end result is this:

postgres(at)paprika /usr/local/pgsql> psql template1
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
FATAL 1:  Database template1 does not exist in pg_database

postgres(at)paprika /usr/local/pgsql> createdb template1
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
FATAL 1:  Database template1 does not exist in pg_database

createdb: database creation failed on template1.
postgres(at)paprika /usr/local/pgsql>

postmaster's running: (here's from ps -awwwx)

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -i -S -o -F (postgres)

And yes the kernel is built with the SYSV stuff in it.  Everything I'm
running was cvsup'd on 12/18/98.

Any ideas?  I do have the old binaries around that I might be able to
install over it all and get a pgdump to reload it all, but it seems there
should be an easier way.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow