Re: [INTERFACES] odbc DM 3.5x

From: "Sergio A(dot) Kessler" <ser(at)perio(dot)unlp(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: byronn(at)solipsys(dot)com, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] odbc DM 3.5x
Date: 1999-09-13 23:55:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Sergio A. Kessler" <ser(at)perio(dot)unlp(dot)edu(dot)ar> el día Thu, 9 Sep 1999 18:03:52 -0300,
escribió:

>Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)solipsys(dot)com> el día Wed, 08 Sep 1999 16:09:08
>-0400, escribió:
>
>>"Sergio A. Kessler" wrote:
>>
>>> Byron,
>>>
>>> any plans to include 3.5x driver manager in the future ?
>>>

>>Do you know where to get the redistributable version?
>
>I can't enter to:
>http://www.microsoft.com/data/odbc/default.htm
>but must be there, no ?
>(wondering what f* crap m$ is using as server)

I found it in:

http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm

the problem is that the OdbcSDK is no longer distributed alone
anymore, instead you download (wich came with Ole DB, etc):

http://download.microsoft.com/download/dasdk/mdac/2.1.2.4202.3/W9xNT4/EN-US/mdac_typ.exe

(beware, 6MB)

I do this and installed in my machine, and then when you rebuild
the Install Shield proyect, IS should pick up the new Odbc dll's,
leaving out others dll's in the mdac (wich we don't need).
I tryed this in my home machine and work well, the entire proyect
can easily fit in 1MB.

Alternatively (as you are an Odbc driver author) you can download
the "Microsoft Data Access SDK 2.0 Stand Alone" in:
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download2.htm

(BEWARE, 37MB)

and then you also have the redistributables (a slighly modified
mdac_typ.exe) ...

Sergio