Re: [INTERFACES] Delphi TDataset

From: "Sergio A(dot) Kessler" <ser(at)perio(dot)unlp(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, dieckert(at)cabnet(dot)net, nico(at)clubdelphi(dot)com, taral(at)taral(dot)net
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Delphi TDataset
Date: 1999-04-19 17:31:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Joe Dieckert <dieckert(at)cabnet(dot)net> el día Sun, 18 Apr 1999 22:57:48 -0700,
escribió:

I'm using http://perio.unlp.edu.ar/modbc with Postgres & Delphi
for a long time (of course no BDE at all)

If you want native access from pascal, go to the FPC site
(que chico es el mundo, Nico, eh ?)

>I was browsing a Delphi share site and found a product for sale that
>interfaces to postgres without the BDE!  If I can find the link again I
>will let you know.
>
>Taral wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Nicolas Aragon wrote:
>>
>> > I'm new to this list so hello everybody!
>> >
>> > The questions:
>> >
>> > 1) Is there (or is anybody working on) a Borland Delphi TDataset to
>> > provide native access to Postgres databases?
>> > I don't mean using odbc, but directly the Postgres client API.
>>
>> I don't think so. You're free to write one though...
>> >
>> > 2) I've got a little confused about Postgres docs talking about
>> > something that I understand as an unique row id (sorry, I'm familiar
>> > with Oracle terms).
>> > Is there such a "rowid"? Is it possible to retrieve it without
>> > explicitely being referred in the sql query?
>>
>> It's called 'oid' and you can retrieve it only by explicitly mentioning
>> it:
>>
>> SELECT oid,* FROM t1;
>>
>> Taral

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: JT KirkpatrickDate: 1999-04-19 22:24:16