PLPGSQL Installation

From: Honza Rudovsky <XRUDOVSK(at)cs(dot)felk(dot)cvut(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PLPGSQL Installation
Date: 2001-11-12 15:22:48
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have some problems running the procedural extension PLPGSQL.

I install PLPGSQL into my database using the "createlang" command and
everything seems to be OK, when I check it using "createlang -l".

Then I create a simple function, cut'n'pasted from the manual, and insert
it into the database. This also seems to be working quite fine.

But when I try to run this (or any other) PLPGSQL function, i get this
error message: "plpgsql: ERROR during compile of xxx near line 1".

Is there anything else I need to do (apart from running "createlang") in
order to use PLPGSQL or am I doing something wrong here?

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Jan Rudovsky

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Luz LopezDate: 2001-11-12 15:28:49