Re: [HACKERS] Perl module installs in wrong place

From: Maarten Boekhold <maartenb(at)dutepp0(dot)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: Edmund Mergl <E(dot)Mergl(at)bawue(dot)de>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Perl module installs in wrong place
Date: 1998-03-02 20:38:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > just played a bit with the febr. 28 snapshot, and it looks like the perl
> > module does not install in the correct place. I'm not sure if this is a
> > problem with postgresql or my local perl-setup (debian package):
> >
> > perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr/local/pgsql
> >
> > will install things in /usr/local/pgsql/local/lib/.... instead of in
> > /usr/local/pgsql/lib/...

> it works for me with version 5.004_04.
> Looks like this is more related to your perl-setup.

Correct, found out that
I also needed to add INSTALLDIRS=perl to the commandline above to let
perl skip the 'local' part.....

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M(dot)Boekhold(at)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl                         |