RE: [HACKERS] First mega-patch...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: "Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] First mega-patch...
Date: 1998-03-17 17:37:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Jackson, DeJuan wrote:

> Hey, I resemble that remark.  But seriously I don't understand the need,
> in limiting the discussion of new features or patches to just this list.
> There are HACKERS-type things that pass through the QUESTIONS list all

	Right, and they should be redirected as appropriate, *to* the
appropriate list...

> the time (usually posted to both).  Of course I'll admit that I've never
> tried to manage anything with this scope or deal with the standard
> Postgres users (I know we can be annoying), so I do see the potential
> for the abuse.  (Start accent here --) But here in Texas we don't shoot
> the horse until he's broken his leg (-- end accent).

	I'd prefer to never have to shoot the horse myself...waste of a
fine animal :)

	Seriously, at least in my case, I run procmail to filter my
mail...I tend to read everything that goes to hackers, while skim through
the other lists as appropriate...I'm subscribed to *all* the lists, which
makes for several hundred messages per day...I like to automate the
sorting as much as possible...