availability of SATA vendors

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: availability of SATA vendors
Date: 2006-11-17 17:45:42
Lists: pgsql-performance
I see many of you folks singing the praises of the Areca and 3ware SATA
controllers, but I've been trying to price some systems and am having trouble
finding a vendor who ships these controllers with their systems.  Are you
rolling your own white boxes or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Currently, I'm looking at Penguin, HP and Sun (though Sun's store isn't
working for me at the moment).  Maybe I just need to order a Penguin and then
buy the controller separately, but was hoping to get support from a single

Frost Consulting, LLC
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2006-11-17 18:44:12