Re: 8.1.4 build failure on ICC 9.1

From: Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.1.4 build failure on ICC 9.1
Date: 2006-05-25 19:05:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
> > I encountered this the other day and set up a build farm client for it.
>
> > http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=meerkat&dt=2006-05-25%2018:16:36
>
> That NaN problem has been discussed before, and I believe we concluded
> it's a compiler bug. See the archives for the switch to use to avoid
> it.

I think it was meant as a "feature" by intel, but one man's feature is
another man's bug ;)

The flag to use is -mp1

Also, I see that you are getting all of the tons of output also. Those
drove me nuts. I sent in a patch for configure to take some of those
-W flags out which is now applied to HEAD as well as the addition of the
-mp1 flag for the ICC compiler.

I was more interested in the failures on the HEAD build on that box. I
have had no problems with pl/(perl|python) on my box, though it is using
9.0 vs 9.1, I don't expect that they would have broken things THAT
badly...