Re: A wanna be

From: netmask <netmask(at)enZotech(dot)net>
To: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A wanna be
Date: 2004-07-01 20:42:07
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-odbc
I'm not a postgres developer.. and really, all of this information is on the
postgres website.. But I liked reading PostgreSQL by Korry Douglas and Susan
Douglas (ISBN: 0735712573) which gave me all the information I needed about
PostgreSQL itself as well as the various API's. I found them pretty easy to
understand and use. I'm also a C programmer (novice) and the C api (libpq) is
pretty easy to understand if you understand databases.

However, I seem to work better having hard bound copies I can read in meetings
and carry with me. The online documentation is far superior than some of the
competing products, I would certainly start there.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/libpq.html

-netmask