Insert question null/not null serial, etc.

From: Russ Schneider <russ(at)sugapablo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Insert question null/not null serial, etc.
Date: 2004-01-31 21:56:58
Lists: pgsql-general
I downloaded the port for Postgres for PHP-NUKE.

All insert statements are as follows:

For table:
                                    Table "nuke_referer"
 Column |          Type          |                        Modifiers
--------+------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------
 rid    | integer                | not null default
nextval('"nuke_referer_rid_seq"'::text)
 url    | character varying(100) | not null default ''
Primary key: nuke_referer_pkey

insert into nuke_referer values (NULL,'whatever');

Which gives me the error: "Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR:
ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not null attribute rid"

Since nowhere in the 3000 files of PHP-Nuke do they actually name columns
for insert commands, does anyone have any suggestions?  Can NULL be
replaced with anything?  (Keep in mind I'd like something I can globally
change, naming tables/columns individually is out of the question.)

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]

pgsql-general by date