problems with renaming a column of type serial & pg_dump

From: alexis(at)m2osw(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problems with renaming a column of type serial & pg_dump
Date: 2006-03-13 07:11:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs
  Name: Alexis Wilke
  email: alexis(at)m2osw(dot)com
  PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
  Operating System: Linux RedHat 9.0
  Short Description: problems with renaming a column of type serial
                     and GRANT/REVOKE instructions in pg_dump
  Details:

Hi guys,

I have been working on a database for a while and just today tried to
restore a dump of it. (I have an automatic dump created every night for
safe keeping).

This is when I noticed a problem with several columns of type serial which
I had renamed. The sequence functioning worked fine, but the sequence
references in the GRANT/REVOKE commands weren't renamed.

According to the release notes of version 8.1.0, Tom has fixed it, however
he mentions problems with DEFAULT values and not GRANT/REVOKE. So I'm
still posting this bug in case the fix was not enough for the entire
functionality of a database.

Please, see the attached .sql file which includes instructions on how
to run it

--

Alexis Wilke
President

e-mail:		alexis(at)m2osw(dot)com
cell-text:	alexis(dot)cell(at)m2osw(dot)com (please, only small messages)

Web Page:	http://www.m2osw.com
Company e-mail:	contact(at)m2osw(dot)com
Phone:		+(1) 916 220 6482
Fax:		+(1) 916 988 1450

Address 1:	9275 Blue Oak Drive
		Orangevale, California 95662
		United States of America

Address 2:	2nd Floor, Hammersmith Broadway
		Hammersmith
		London W6 7BB
		United Kingdom

                    CONFIDENTIAL

This document contains non-public proprietary information
that is subject to restrictions on use and/or disclosure.

If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
think that you have received this e-mail message in error,
please e-mail the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Lin, B (Bill)Date: 2006-03-13 10:19:26