Re: Vacuum thoughts

From: "Cuong Bui (lokishop(dot)nl)" <cuong(at)lokishop(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: neilc(at)samurai(dot)com
Subject: Re: Vacuum thoughts
Date: 2003-11-01 01:02:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>I'd rather see us implement a buffer replacement policy that considers
>both frequency + recency (unlike LRU, which considers only recency).
>Ideally, that would work "automagically". I'm hoping to get a chance to
>implement ARC[1] during the 7.5 cycle.

Actually i've already done some work back in august. I tried to
implement ARC in pgsql but failed to due to lack of time. After
renewed discussion with Bruce and Jan, i've decided to give it another
try. So hopefully w'll have a patch soon from me or Jan.

The algorithm itself is very elegant and works "automagically".

--
Cuong Bui
Loki IT Solutions

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Rod TaylorDate: 2003-11-01 01:04:34