Re: Optimizing queries

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: Work <sbhatt(at)installs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Optimizing queries
Date: 2002-06-21 20:28:30
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-php
Are you sure you can't use inner / outer joins or unions to make this one
big query?

If you'll post a bit of your php code and your table design, we might be
able to make some suggestions.

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Work wrote:

> Hi ,
> I am a newbie to the world of Postgres, I am currently optimizing
> PHP/Postgres applications. My problem is that I have a query that throws
> certain rowsets and depending on these values I loop other tables to get the
> desired columns. I am using a heavy for-loop for this purpose, within the
> for-loop I have further sub-queries, so that for every loop iteration I
> execute these sub-queries, I dont see a way to reorganize this structure.
> Can somebody suggest a better way.
> Thanks
> Regards
> Sid
> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

"Force has no place where there is need of skill.", "Haste in every
business brings failures.", "This is the bitterest pain among men, to have
much knowledge but no power." -- Herodotus