Re: State of the QNX Port

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Tegge, Bernd" <tegge(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: State of the QNX Port
Date: 2001-03-01 18:54:40
Lists: pgsql-ports

Tegge, Bernd writes:

> >abs_top_srcdir=`cd $srcdir && pwd`
> >abs_top_builddir=`pwd`

> + test x//7/part2/CVStrees/pgsql != x/CVStrees/pgsql

Hmm, I don't understand the semantics of the //# specification, but in
your case the failure could probably be worked around if you ran configure
like this: './configure', instead of the full absolute path. There are
other places that rely on the textual equality of these two variables, and
they're a bit harder to fix.

> They *are* found. I see the above lines when configure runs. config.log
> shows no errors for zlib.h and inflate. I still get link errors if I don't
> add '-lz' manually. Should I put it in '~src/makefiles/Makefile.qnx4' ?

Does -lz show up in LIBS in src/Makefile.global? Does it show up on the
link command line? Maybe an ordering dependency.

> Well, the contents of the previous version were practically identical to
> dynamic_loader.h, except that fmgr.h was not included before the function
> declarations. That led to compile errors in dfmgr.c and fmgr.c because
> PGFunction was not declared.

I see. I misread the patch at first.